Hydro and oleophobic impregnation for architectural concrete.
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: DYNASIL® FX is a modern impregnation based on innovative technology of oleophobic fluoropolymers, silanes and surfactants, thanks to which it has excellent protective properties with a very wide spectrum of activity. The impregnant penetrates the surface and creates a thin protective layer in the capillaries and exposed pores of the material. After the impregnation treatment, the surface becomes easy to clean. DYNASIL® FX provides durable and transparent protection on polished and matt surfaces. Provides complete protection against fat, juice, coffee, wine and other food stains.
APPLICATION: DYNASIL® FX is intended for impregnation of polished and matt architectural concrete, natural stone, polished stoneware tiles and ceramic materials. Recommended for protecting surfaces in places particularly exposed to staining, such as kitchen and bathroom countertops, floors, window sills, stairs, walls, etc.
- does not change the surface appearance, does not create a coating,
- not visible after drying,
- safe for impregnating food contact surfaces,
- effective indoors and outdoors,
- keeps the natural look of concrete,
- vapor permeable.
CONSUMPTION: 1L is enough for approx two layers of 15 m2.
PACKAGING: 1L container.
The durability of the impregnation largely depends on the applied care products and the use of the surface. It is not advisable to use highly degreasing agents containing solvents or alcohol, as well as acidic and strongly alkaline preparations that may weaken the effect of the impregnation. For frequently washed surfaces that come into contact with cleaning agents, e.g. in bathrooms, on kitchen worktops, we recommend renewing the impregnation every 3-4 years. In other areas, durability depends on the use and may vary from several to several years.
DYNASIL® FX reduces the sensitivity of stones such as marble to acidic liquids. In many cases it is completely effective, but due to the variety of stones, protection should be treated as temporary. Prolonged contact with acidic liquids or products may leave stains and damage the surface, so they should be removed as soon as possible.
Before starting work, perform a test on a small area, out of sight, to assess the appearance of the material after impregnation. If the effect is satisfactory, the entire surface can be impregnated.
1. Do not leave excess preparation to dry on the treated surface, as its removal may be very difficult or impossible. 2. The appearance of the natural stone cladding is retained (it is possible to deepen the color with some types of stone, therefore it is recommended to perform a trial to evaluate the effect obtained). 3. Protect the impregnated surfaces against water and dirt for at least 12 hours.